- Parents/guardians should determine, with their child's health care providers, if medication scheduling can be adjusted to avoid administering medications during school hours.
- If it is necessary to give medications during school hours, have your health care provider complete AND sign the prescribed medication form (on left side).
- This form must be submitted each year and again, if any changes to the prescription are made.
- It must be handed into the school nurse BEFORE medication(s) can be given at school.
- Parents/guardians must bring the medication to school. Medication may not be sent to school with students. An exception to this would be select emergency medications, including inhalers/epi-pens.
- The medication must be in an original pharmacy-labled package. Ask your pharmacy for a "school" labled bottle to be kept at school.